Thursday 26 August 2010

One (UK) -- "Grass Roots" demo


Another 2 song demo, I bought this from a local Ashford music shop back in 1993 when I was still at school. I know little about the band, I never saw them, but I did vaguely know the drummer Neil as he worked in Richard Records, the local independent record shop (now sadly closed thanks to HMV).

Musically, this is bright and positive Funk-driven Psychedelic Rock; vaguely Indie in feel, but with some nice Ozrics-style guitar here and there, very much in keeping with other notable Kent bands at the time like Mind Octopus and Crow. Professionally played and recorded, although the female vocals do occasionally stray on the iffy side.


Info -- Kent Band Archive


One -- "Grass Roots" demo (1993)

1. Mary Jane
2. Change

http://www.mediafire.com/?s067fx9qn3wbqq3

No comments: